MPL Technology Introduced
Bekum America has introduced a new concept in high production blow molding with the development of Multi Parting Line (MPL) technology with our BM series double station blow molding machines.
The basis of MPL is a technology alliance in machine design, as well as blow mold and extrusion head construction. The unique (Patent Pending) Multi Parting Line mold construction is combined with a double row extrusion head. The BM-406D MPL version integrates two rows of parison cutting, neck calibration, de-flashing, upright bottle take-out and a then a merge station to eventually combine the two lines of bottles into a single production line.
A Bekum machine equipped with MPL offers twice the machine cavitation, while maintaining the following advantages of shuttle machine production:
- Calibrated neck finishes
- In machine de-flashing
- Upright bottle discharge to one side of the machine
- Ease of operation and adjustment
- 2 or 3 layer compatibility
- Compact machine footprint
With the MPL technology, we are able to produce nearly 6,000 (440 ml) oval shampoo bottles / hour in a 16-cavity execution using a very compact BM-406D machine.
MPL technology is also available on the Bekum H-series machines as well as our Long Stroke machines. For example, MPL can be offered with 32 cavities on the BM-806D for an output in excess of 10,000 bottles / hour.
MPL offers the following advantages:
- Lower investment cost per cavity
- Reduced factory space requirement
- Lower energy consumption per bottle
- Maximum utilization of assets
- High-speed production and high efficiency
- Very high consistency in meeting product specifications
C. J. Walls